Saturday, July 27, 2013

Pink and Black Wrapping Ideas (and some sweet baby pictures!)

My mom's birthday was earlier this week, and I made her two photo canvases, one of me, one of my sister. Of course, I'd done those so long ago, my own excitement for them had passed, but wrapping was a whole different story. I had some pink wrapping paper from a package I'd sent to one of my best friends whose favorite color is pink (see picture below)


and decided I could do something really elegant with it. I used my Martha Stewart edge punch to cut out the patterned piece from construction paper, then added a thinner band next to it. On the top, I used a thick strip of white cardstock and drew polka dots along it. Finally, I cut a paper feather, twisted it slightly for depth, and taped it too the top. Definitely beat the usual bow or ribbow I think.


Then this weekend I was (very belatedly) giving my goddaughter, Sophia, the baby blanket I mentioned in my last post. So I used a similar idea to wrap her present. Not as cute, but still pretty :)


And while we're on the topic of the prettiest baby ever.... here's a few pictures I took of her today :)




Completely in love with that baby yet? She's the sweetest thing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment