Monday, July 22, 2013

Organization Printables for College Students

I'm a little obsessed with the idea of a home organization binder. Unfortunately for me, I'm not a homeowner, and therefore most of the organization printables I can find don't really apply. I can't very well use a monthly full home deep cleaning schedule when I'm living in a shared box, communal bathrooms, and a kitchenette.

So I decided to make some printables for myself that do apply and give them away free for anyone else who might like them! I know I've forgotten about five million things but it's a start anyway. I'll add and subtract as I figure out what works for me. In the meantime, here's what I've come up with.

(*Note: They are all black and white, but I'll post a link to a PowerPoint that can be downloaded from Google Drive, and if you take that into real PowerPoint, you'll be able to change the color to whatever you would prefer.)


(**Note: Not all of my printables will be up here, but they will all be on the PowerPoint. Also, as a dance major, mine have places for rehearsals, but there is also a version with practices for those of you in sports, and if that doesn't fit either... just white it out and use it for whatever you want.)


I started out with the daily to do's. The first page has the day of the week on it, so I printed each separately, but the second I just printed out five times. Most of my pages, these especially, are in plastic sheet protectors so I can write on them with a dry erase marker and reuse them over and over instead of printing one out each day. My printing allowance isn't THAT big. Especially not as a creative writing major... we write a few papers. Just a few though.


The weekends I did slightly differently than the week, giving myself a little more leeway to relax.


 Then I added a monthly calender in front of the daily ones with a white place at the top to write in the month.
And a different sort of calender for important dates such as breaks, exams, and class registration.

Sticking with the calender theme, I made a calender for birthdays and anniversaries. For anyone looking to use the fonts I used, go to PicMonkey. I almost always used Amatic Small Caps, but Sacramento, and De Walpergen Pica are in there from time to time too.
Speaking of birthdays (aka excuses to craft because you need to give presents), I made a contact list. Places for phone numbers and emails are included, but that was mostly for looks. It was the street address I cared about for shipping purposes. I have a slight obsession with putting together packages.

Since it's so easy to lose things on a college campus, even for the most organized person, I made up some little book tags to cut out and stick inside. You could print them on sticker paper if you like, but I want mine to come out when I sell back my books so I'm sticking with tape. I also made this in a "This Belongs To" style for items other than books.


Now getting into the money, let's just say I'm pretty thrifty. I hate spending money. I prefer to hoard it. But at the same I time, I know there are things I need. So here are a couple of printables for keeping myself organized. I also included two empty sheet protectors for coupons and reciepts.



And on the topic of money, here's a mini college-style grocery list. I chose to do some of the boxes in black which might drive you crazy. Sorry. Mine was filled out on the computer with my usual items on PicMonkey. Not all of these are ever bought at once, it's more a list of ideas to keep me on track while shopping. Additional things, I will just write on a sticky note.



As far as school stuff, I made up a schedule for exams and will put my syllabuses in once they are handed out. 



And then there's just some fun stuff that I left out of the sheet protectors like pages for books I want to read, project ideas, novel ideas (for anything I'm currently working on or a new idea), and an inspiration log for whatever doesn't fit into the projects or writing categories (most likely dance or music). Since these hole punched and likely to rip, I used some black and white polka dotted washi tape along the edge to give it a little more strength. Plus it matched :)





Lastly, they aren't pictured, but I made dividers for each section, and taped a piece of folded cardstock over the edge of each one to make makeshift tabs since I didn't feel like buying any.

Without further ado, here is the link to the download and I hope these will be of use to someone!

1 comment:

  1. I've been having the same problem as you, I'm not a mom nor have my own house so many of those free planners won't work for me because I'm just a student. You have no idea of how long I've been searching for something like this and I love the Rehearsals reminders, I'm taking Opera studies and this was a gift from heaven. Once again thank you so, so much for this free printable!

    ReplyDelete